Managing Information Preferences
We will not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If, after providing consent, you want to opt out of having your Personal Information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please let us know by sending us an email at HomefedMarketing@hfc-ca.com. If you want to stop receiving marketing communications from third parties with whom we have disclosed your Personal Information, please contact the third parties directly with this request.
You may request that we correct, update, or change your Personal Information at any time by contacting us at:
HomeFed Marketing Department
Attn: Website Administrator
1903 Wright Place, Suite 220
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Information you choose to Submit
We collect information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”). The following discusses the categories of Personal Information we collect, the sources we collect information from, and the business or commercial purposes for which we use your Personal Information.
In general, we may share Personal Information with entities controlling, controlled by, or under common control with HomeFed Corporation. In the event that HomeFed Corporation is merged, sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information in connection with such transaction.
1. When You Visit Our Site
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information directly from your activity on our Site:
- Geolocation information, such as your IP address, which links to the region you live in.
- Inferences and preferences, such as the Services you prefer, your communications preferences, and other inferences drawn.
- Internet and network information, as described in the section on Cookies. If you visit our Site we automatically collect information about your browsing and search history, interaction with the features of our Site, and responses to advertisements.
We use this information to operate our Site, improve and customize our Services, understand how we can exceed your expectations, and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing and advertisements.
We share some of this Personal Information with our service providers who provide services such as data analytics and lead generation. We may also share some of your Personal Information with our marketing providers so they can help us audit the quality and effectiveness of advertisements, serve our advertisements or marketing material, and provide similar services.
2. When You Request More Information or Sign Up for a User Account
When you request more information about our available properties, or sign up for an account, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information directly from you through our forms:
- Contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, zip code, and email address.
- Your preferences and budget for purchasing a home.
- Any other information about your home buying decision you choose to share with us.
We use this information to contact you about Côta Vera properties we believe you might be interested in. We may also contact you about other HomeFed properties depending on your preferences. When you request, we may also use this Personal Information to subscribe you to newsletters, and enter sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions. Finally, we may use this information for any other purposes you consent to.
We share this Personal Information with third parties such as home builders and developers only when you allow us to do so by checking the available box(es). These third parties use your Personal Information to contact you about purchasing a home.
3. When You Interact with Us Through Social Media
When you interact with us through our social media profiles we may collect the following categories of Personal Information directly from you or from the social media platform itself:
- Your name, social media handle, and demographic information.
- Pictures of you and others you choose to share with us by tagging our social media profiles or using specific hashtags.
We use this Personal Information, with your prior consent, to showcase our community and properties.
Other than when we share it publicly on our social media profiles or Site, we do not share this Personal Information with others.
4. From Our Service Providers or Other Third Parties
We may collect Personal Information about you from our Service Providers or other third parties and combine it with information collected directly from you. We collect this information from persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”).
- Website Functionality. Cookies help us run our Site securely and enable basic functions like page navigation.
- Performance and Analytics. Cookies help us analyze how you interact with our Site. These cookies enable us to monitor and improve website performance, services, and your experience.
2.2. How to Manage Cookies
If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our Site or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is set. If you block Cookies, certain features on our website may not work. For more information on how you can customize your browser’s Cookie setting please visit the link to your web browser below:
If you reside in California and you are not a job applicant, employee, or employee of another company interacting with us, you may have additional rights over your Personal Information. “Personal Information” under California law is information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household. Personal Information does not include publicly available information in government records or any data that has been deidentified, aggregated, or otherwise anonymized.
Requesting More Information. You may have the right to request information about how we have treated your Personal Information in the past 12 months including:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
Requesting Access. You may have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information that we have collected about you in the past 12 months. You may exercise this right twice per 12-month period.
Requesting Deletion. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information. However, we may decline to process this request if we believe we have an applicable exception under the law.
Third-Party Marketing and Selling. California law requires notice and an opportunity to opt-out from certain disclosures of Personal Information considered to be a “sale” as defined in the CCPA. In the previous 12 months we have not sold Personal Information. Our Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, disclose, or sell information from individuals under 16 years old.
Disclosure for a Business Purpose. In the previous 12 months we have disclosed certain data from the following categories of Personal Information to the specified categories of recipients for one or more business purposes:
- All Personal Information – disclosed to our Service Providers to assist with performing services on our behalf (marketing and web-hosting).
- Contact information – disclosed to our business partners to provide customer service.
Exercising Your Rights. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request at:
- email@example.com Email: HomeFedMarketing@hfc-ca.com
For all requests submitted via email, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights” and provide your name, mailing address, phone number, and email where you may be reached.
Verification. Before we can respond to your request, we must first verify your identity using your Personal Information. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial. In order to verify your identity we need you to provide us with the following: the name, mailing address, phone number, and email address you provided when you created an account or requested additional information.
Designating an Authorized Agent. You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf. If necessary, we may also require you to verify your identity before we disclose Personal Information to your Authorized Agent.
Do Not Track. Some web browsers or smartphones have the ability to set “Do Not Track” requests to block user activity from being tracked across web pages or devices. Our Site does not recognize “Do Not Track” browser signals.
No Discrimination. We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
Please be advised that, whenever you voluntarily post information to any community or interactive areas of the Services, such information can and may be accessed by the public. This means that any person or entity with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
Children’s Privacy Statement.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Data Storage & Access
HomeFed Corporation is based in California. All Personal Information collected by us will be stored and accessed in the United States. As such, it will be subject to laws of the United States.
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, or in the event of bankruptcy or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of HomeFed Corporation.
Last Updated: 4/21/21